This class focuses on the modeling of high-poly / high-detail furniture. This is something that people in the industry need every day. If you look around the web you will find many architectural renderings that are full of stunning, immaculately modeled, furniture. In this course, I will take you through the process, step by step, on how to create these kinds of models. Follow along with me, and by the end you will have created an organic chair model that looks great. Even better, you will have the skills necessary to create all the custom furniture you need, and sell it online to others if you see fit. I will also provide my files for download so you can tinker with, adjust, study, or sell my model if you like.
After I have taken you through the modeling of a chair step by step, we will then get into additional techniques and workflows that will be helpful to anyone trying to create photo real models.
In this course we will go over:
- Creating the basic shape of a modern chair.
- Using the shell modifier, symmetry, turbosmooth, and poly-modeling techniques to get closer to a finished model.
- UVW unwrapping furniture using basic 3ds Max tools.
- Painting a custom map in Photoshop.
- Applying texture maps in 3ds Max, using V-Ray materials.
- Setting up a studio shot for your furniture piece.
- Post-processing your rendering using V-Ray render elements and Photoshop. ***A nice thumbnail image makes for nice sales.
- Using the cut tool to model in wrinkles.
- Using the cloth modifier to achieve natural folds and bends in our models
- Using 3ds Max Graphite modeling tools
- Added fur and fringe to our furniture with V-Ray fur (COMING SOON)
- 3ds Max to Mudbox to 3ds Max workflow for ultra real models
Along with all of this, you will pick up nice little tips and tricks along the way as well. You will be able to see how a practicing professional does the job.
After you have mastered the art of creating good furniture using 3ds Max, and rendered a beautiful thumbnail using V-Ray, I will show you where to upload your models if you want to sell them, and give you the insight necessary to stand out from the crowd.
Join The Course Today
Whether you want to learn how to model high-poly furniture for your own personal projects, or if you are interested in creating content to sell, it doesn't matter, this class has the info you need. By the end you will feel comfortable using poly tools with 3ds Max to create just about anything you can imagine. Sign Up Today!
IMPORTANT: This course is fully refundable for 30 days, no questions asked. There is no risk to you in signing up for this course. Try it. If you hate it, get a refund.
*More lectures will be added to the course in the coming months in order to keep the class up to date. As the course expands, so will the price. Get in early so you can have access to all the lectures as they become available.
See you in class.