Unreal Engine is a complete suite of game development tools made by game developers for game developers. From 2D mobile games to console blockbusters, indie experiments, and virtual reality, Unreal Engine can power it all. In this course, Craig Barr covers the essentials of level design, lighting, effects, Visual Scripting, cinematics, and game packaging with Unreal. He covers creating your first project, building a base landscape, blocking out levels, and exporting and importing assets for use in the design. Want to find out how to craft a unique look? Learn about applying materials and creating special effects with Unreal's particle systems. Plus, get a thorough introduction to Blueprints, the visual scripting language, and optimizing performance for great gameplay with Unreal.
• Customizing the Unreal UI;
• Creating a new project;
• Creating landscapes;
• Blocking out levels;
• Assembling a scene;
• Working with materials and lights;
• Adding post-processing effects;
• Defining bodies of water;
• Adding atmospherics, foliage, and wind;
• Working with the Blueprint editor;
• Creating cinematics;
• Monitoring performance;
• Packaging a game for distribution.